College Now Credit
High School Students Earn College Credit!
High school students can earn college credits while in high school. The College Now Program at Umpqua Community College offers dual credit opportunities through a partnership with Douglas County High Schools. This program offers the high school student an opportunity to earn college credits for coursework done in their high schools, during their regular school day. There is a one-time admissions fee of $25.00 making the cost for the college credits almost free!
The College Now Program provides lower division academic and entry level professional technical course credits to high school students. The Program supports the concept of assisting high school students as they begin planning and carrying out a learning continuum that begins in high school and extends through the college experience to a degree or a professional certificate.
Students successfully completing instruction in designated College Now courses while in high school, will be awarded Umpqua Community College credit. College Now professional technical courses are offered to meet the needs of Douglas County high school students as they begin training to pursue careers in professional technical areas.
The College Now Program works closely with Douglas County high schools administrators and teachers to identify courses and program areas that match up with the programs offered at Umpqua Community College. Interested Students should contact their teachers and school counselors to learn about which courses are offered as dual credit opportunities.
How to Earn College Now Credit
By following the steps listed below, you can begin earning College Now Credit.
- Visit with your high school counselor about which College Now courses are available at your high school.
- Complete an Application for Admission Form for Umpqua Community College and a Student Registration Form listing each College Now class for which you want to be enrolled. Both forms are available from your high school counselor or teacher.
- Return the above forms along with a check for the ONE-TIME fee of $25.00 to your high school instructor by the deadline given by the instructor. If you are under the age of 18, the forms Must have a parent signature for you to receive credit. DO NOT SEND THE FORMS DIRECTLY TO UMPQUA COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Return the forms to your high school instructor only.
- Earn the grade required for Umpqua Community College Credit. See your instructor for the course standards which may vary depending upon the type of course being taken.
- Your high school instructor will award your grade at the end of the term and submit them to the UCC Registrar’s Office. The grade and the credit will be added to your UCC transcript record as a UCC class. After the ONE-TIME fee is paid, all credits earned are free of charge!