Take the Test
Do you ...
- Have a desire to succeed as a small business owner?
- Have great ideas but no time to implement them?
- Want to manage your time and resources to achieve a great return on investment?
- Want to learn how social media can be part of your successful marketing strategy?
- Need help with how to manage your business?
- Want to discuss business strategies with other successful business owners?
Small Business Management Program
This nine-month, intensive program is offered at both your place of business and the classroom. You will benefit from comprehensive business education, peer-to-peer interaction, and ongoing business advising. Twenty businesses are selected each year for participation. Applications are reviewed and selected based, in part, on your willingness to commit the resources necessary for success.
What they are saying
“The Umpqua Small Business Development Center and the Business Management class in particular are something every business owner in the area should take advantage of.”
Tim Allen, Tim Allen Equipment
SBM Program Details
- Nine-month program (October to June)
- 27 hours of classroom instruction (three hours, one evening per month)
- Monthly personal visits by the instructor/advisor at your place of business (up to two hours of advising)
- $385 per business (includes two participants)
Find out more in our SBM Brochure
How the SBM Program Helps You
The program is provides you with more than just theory and knowledge. Through the combination of classes and one-on-one advising, you’ll master the following topics:
- Business Plan
- Financial Analysis
- Management Strategies
- Record Keeping
- Marketing Strategies
- Legal Forms of Business
- Time Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Risk Management
- Managing Change
- Borrowing Money
- Increasing Sales
- Customer Service
- Personnel Policies
- Goal Setting
- Sustainable Leadership
- Retirement Planning