"This is the saddest day in the 50 year history of UCC. Our hearts go out to every student, every employee, and every family touched by this tragedy.
"I want to thank all of our friends and neighbors who have dropped everything to help us. Over the next weeks, we will come together to accept offers of help and care so that we can assist one another."
-Dr. Rita Cavin
UCC Interim President
For Fiscal Year 2012-13
• Revenue estimates will be established
• Jan. 18-19 – Budget Process Overview for Administrative Staff
• Jan. 17 -20 – Budget Worksheets distributed to Directors and Level I groups ( departments and staff) will begin reviewing their budget requests
• Feb. 1 - Level I submit Budget Worksheets to Level II groups (Directors, Deans)
• Feb. 10 - Level II submit Budget Worksheets to Level III (V.P.)
• Feb. 22 - Level III submit all Budget Worksheets to the Budget Coordinator
• Review revenue projections
• Establish enrollment projections
• Continue instructional planning
• Review revenue and enrollment projections
• Level III members compile a priority list and work on a draft budget
• March 1 - Draft budget document submitted to Levell III and Budget Committee for approval.
• March 8 – If necessary, send worksheets out for additional review.
• March 22 - If necessary, second round worksheets are due back to Budget Coordinator.
• March 29 - 2nd round Draft Budget document submitted to Level III and Budget Committee for approval.
• Continue monitoring revenue and enrollment projections
• April 1 – Publish 1st “Notice of Budget Committee Meeting”
• April 5 – Budget draft is to be finalized
• April 15 – Publish 2nd “ Notice of Budget Committee Meeting”
• April 25 – Hold First Budget Committee Meeting
• May 9 - The second reading of the budget by the Board of Trustees (if needed)
• May 27 – Publish “Notice of Budget Hearing”
• June 13 - The Board of Trustees adopts the budget
• Budget data is loaded into management system
• Budget books are printed and made available on the WEB and in the library
• Budget is posted as required by law
• Hold budget process debriefing