View / Download the Commercial Truck Driving Program Application
The following steps must be completed for entry into the UCC Commercial Truck Driving Program:
- Complete the Commercial Truck Driving (CTD) application and work history.
- Obtain a court print copy of your driving record (MVR) for the past five years from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV Fee $3.00). If you have held a license in more than one state in the past five years, a driving record from each state is required.
- Return a stamped copy (DMV) receipt or a stamped copy of test scores for acknowledgement of required endorsements to CDL Program Coordinator.
- Obtain an Oregon Commercial Motor Vehicle Pamphlet from the DMV to study for the General Knowledge test to obtain a CDL Class A permit. You will also need to have the Combination Vehicle and Airbrake knowledge tests (Endorsements) to enter the UCC program.
- Complete a UCC placement test (basic math, reading, and writing) with minimum assessment scores of MTH10 (40); RD80 (45); WR 90 (40). Walk in placement tests are available at the UCC campus center building. Advisors are on available on site for assistance.
- Return the CTD application, work history, driving record, authorization for release, drug screening policy and placement test scores to:
UCC Commercial Truck Driving Program (Jackson Hall Building)
Attn: Jesse Morrow / UCC CDL Program
Mailing address P.O. Box 967
Roseburg, OR 97470
Physical address of Truck Driving Program:
6482 Dole Rd. I-5 (exit 113) Round Prairie Campus
Upon notification of preliminary acceptance into the program
Drug Screen and Physical
You must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical and DOT pre-employment drug screen with a negative result. Drug Screen must be within 30 days and prior to the start of class. The physical and drug screen can be completed at:
Evergreen Family Medicine
2570 NW Edenbower Blvd. Suite 100
Roseburg, OR 97470
(541) 957-1111 or (541) 679-2273
The fee for the physical will be $75 and the drug screen will be $60. These fees are payable to Evergreen Family Medicine.
CDL Permit Requirements
Students must have a CDL permit (Fee $23.50) before the start of the class. This will also involve the following tests and fees which are all payable to the DMV:
|General Knowledge Test||$10|
|Combination Vehicle Endorsement||$10|
The minimum requirements for a CDL permit are:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid Oregon drivers license
- Must have at least one year’s driving experience
- Must pass the CDL knowledge test
- Must present a valid medical certificate of medical waiver
- Must have a social security number and one other piece of personal identification.
This information is available in the Oregon Commercial Motor Vehicle pamphlet. The general knowledge test takes about two hours and each test after that may take from 30 minutes to an hour. The DMV will not test after 4:00 PM Monday through Friday. The CDL instruction permit is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
Students must provide UCC with a DMV stamped copy of completed CDL knowledge test scores to be given a final grade and certificate.
Practice Tests: http://www.ortrucking.org/cdltests.html
Optional DMV Endorsements
|Hazardous Material Endorsement||$10|
Hazardous Materials Endorsement
Important information for students needing a Hazardous Materials Endorsement for Employment
Students must know that:
The U.S. Department of Transportation published regulations under the USA Patriot Act of 2001 requiring all commercial motor vehicle operators to submit fingerprints and obtain a security from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) before the issuance or renewal of a commercial driver license (CDL) that includes a hazardous materials (Hazmat) endorsement.
DMV will not be collecting fees or processing fingerprints and criminal background checks. In Oregon a TSA agent, Integrated Biometric Technologies (IBT), will process applications, collect fees, and take fingerprints for background checks.
Students may complete criminal background check applications and pay on line (Fee approx. $94) at www.hazprints.com or with the aid of a TSA agent at fingerprinting locations or over the phone at (877) 429-7746. It is estimated the background checks can take up to 90 days. If you need a Hazmat endorsement, please contact a TSA agent right away.