News Release 08-096-D
Wildlife Safari offers children’s camps during spring break
News Release 08-096-D For more information:
Release date: 03/09/09 Bentley Gilbert
For immediate release (541) 440-7747
Winchester - Wildlife Safari’s Education Department offers supervised learning and fun-intensive day camps during all extended school breaks. Conservation is the theme of the 2009 spring break day camps.
Discover Camp for ages 4-7 will be held Monday through Wednesday, March 23-25 from 10 a.m. to-3 p.m.
Adventure Camp for ages 7-11will be held Thursday through Saturday, March 26-28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The cost is $32 per day or $90 for three days. Lunches are available for $5 each. Campers must pre-register and space is limited. Discounts are available for Safari members. Photo documentation of the camp experience will also be available at a cost of $5 per CD.
Through unique programs, shows and crafts, children will learn the valuable place animals hold in our world community and what can be done to ensure their survival. The spring break camp adventure includes:
- A “behind-the-scenes” meeting with our elephants. Campers will watch elephants wash and dry a car, then get to reward the “washers” with treats.
- A village show with a personal “meet and greet” with selected animals.
- Meeting with the Cheetah Rangers for the inside scoop on these amazing cats, then join them on a special encounter to meet cheetah cubs born in 2007.
- Rides on camels (if available).
- Fun animal crafts and much more.
For a look at previous day camp activities and a detailed description of the camps, see Wildlife Safari’s website at http://wildlifesafari.net/day_camps.asp.