Assumptions and Principles
Given that UCC will face significant resource allocation reductions during 2009 - 2011 biennium, UCC will seek to:
• Preserve the quality of programs and services which serve student and community needs to the extent possible
• Maintain the comfortable and attractive campus environment as funds permit.
• Nurture the strategic partnerships UCC has developed with the community and industry.
• Be responsive to the needs of students, recognizing they have multiple educational choices.
• Find more ways to serve the district outside of Roseburg.
• Improve the provision of services to students.
• Serve the under- and unemployed.
• Search for alternative revenue sources and be entrepreneurial, including grants and contracts.
• Develop new ways of delivering services and sharing facilities with the community.
• UCC won't fund new F/T positions.
• State allocations remain stagnant.
• Instruction of students is our top priority.
• Students deserve a qualified and competent faculty and staff.
• Our employees are our most valuable asset.
• Employees will be treated with respect through open communication and transparency.
• The budget will tie directly to operational needs and/or the Strategic Plan.
• Recognize that we are a comprehensive community college with Transfer, Career and Technical, Basic Skills and Community Service Programs.
• Assisting students who are interested in transferring through articulation agreements is important.
• Assisting our students to successfully connect to jobs through Career / Technical and Workforce Programs is important.
• All employees work for the mission of the college, and the success of students and community.
• UCC will meet standards and maintain quality courses to meet accreditation and degree/certificate requirements.