End Poet Hunger! - April Poetry Contest
April is National Poetry Month, and we don’t want our poets to starve! To that end, the UCC Library is hosting an April Poetry Contest from April 7th – April 25th. Poets will have the chance to win lunch for two at the River Rush Bistro, with a Grand Prize poem winning $100 certificate at the UCC Bookstore.
Entry is easy! Here are the steps:
- Pick one of the “library photos” from our display in the library and/or this library blog post announcing our contest (see below).
- Write us a poem inspired by one of the photos! It has to be at least two lines long, but otherwise—have fun with it.
- Submit your contact information, the photo choice, and the poem to the library by April 25th. You can turn in a paper entry form to the circulation desk or submit online.
That’s it! We’ll draw winners for the Bistro lunches randomly from all of our completed entries, and the Grand Prize poem will be selected by the library.
A few guidelines:
- Our contest is open to current UCC credit students only. (UCC staff are not eligible—sorry!)
- Physical entry forms will be available at the Library circulation desk on April 7; online entry directions & the photos can be found below.
- Entries must be turned in complete to the circulation desk by 5 pm on Friday, April 25, 2014 for entry into the drawings. (Incomplete entries won’t be eligible.)
- Winners have until May 5, 2014 to pick up their prize; otherwise, we draw another lucky winner.
- One entry per student, please.
Step 1: Select a Photo (one photo only)--
Step 2: Write a poem at least two lines long about the photo you chose.
Step 3: Enter! Use the UCC Library contact form and give us this information--
- Your Name (First and Last)
- Your UCC Student ID number
- Your Contact Info. (either an email or phone #)
- The Photo You Chose-- A, B, or C. (Choose ONE)
- Your Poem