To avoid violations of FERPA rules, DO NOT:
- at any time use any part of the Student ID Number, or Social Security Number, of a student in a public posting of grades;
- ever link the name of a student with that student's Social Security Number or Student ID Number in any public manner;
- leave graded tests in a stack for students to pick up by sorting through the papers of all students;
- circulate a printed class list with student name and Social Security Number/ID Number or grades as an attendance roster;
- discuss the progress of any student with anyone other than the student (including parents) without the consent of the student;
- provide anyone with lists of students enrolled in your classes for any commercial purpose;
- provide anyone with student schedules or assist anyone other than college employees in finding a student on campus;
- if any non-directory information is included in a letter of recommendation, the student's written permission is required.
Let's look into this more...click the link below to view or download.
Download / View the FERPA Guide for Faculty & Staff
Let's watch a video...click the image below: