UCC Library - Information Literacy
Joint Boards Articulation Commission The Articulation and Transfer Home Page for Transfer Students and Transfer-Student Issues
Information Literacy Outcome Statement submitted to JBAC by the Oregon Community College Library Association (.pdf)
Proposed information literacy proficiencies for students ready to move into upper-division coursework Draft October 31, 2007 by the Oregon IL Summit II Planning Committee
Introduction to Information Literacy Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), American Library Association
Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education developed by ACRL
Students have achieved "Information Literacy" when they are able to. . . A bulleted list developed by Cat Finney at COCC.
Core Competencies in Information Literacy Services that address core competencies adopted by Lane Community College Library:
- The three-credit Library 127 class
- One on one research appointments between a librarian and a student
- Library classroom instruction sessions
- Assisting students at the reference desk
- Provision of a diverse collection in a variety of formats
- Online tutorial
- Developing class assignments in conjunction with teaching faculty
- One-credit course modules
Library Instruction for Writing 121 -- Resources developed by Oregon State University Library
Library Session Learning Objectives developed by Oregon State University Library
Technology Across the Curriculum (TAC) An OSU faculty service that offers no-cost workshops for faculty and staff in order to augment academic instruction.
Undergraduate Information Literacy Competencies developed by Oregon State University Library:
An OSU graduate:
- Recognizes when information is needed.
- Finds information efficiently.
- Learns from information gathered.
- Uses information effectively and ethically.
A Checklist of Information Competencies for College Students (Word document) developed by the California State University Libraries