Progress and Attendance
In accordance with a Veterans Administration directive, if you receive veterans educational benefits, you must comply with the following regulations.
- A student is considered in good standing when he/she maintains an average of "C" on both term and accumulative grade records, and successfully completes at least one-half of all credit hours attempted during any three term sequence of enrollment.
- Students who withdraw from all courses when they are enrolled and certified for six (6) credit hours or more, except when there are extenuating circumstances, are notified that they are not making satisfactory progress. Extenuating circumstances are defined as those circumstances over which the student has no control.
- Any reduction of class load which will affect the students status will be considered in evaluating the rate of satisfactory progress. In determining satisfactory progress for veteran students and other eligible persons, withdrawals and incompletes are counted as attempted courses as per the student's certification.
- A maximum of 45 hours of deficiency courses will be allowed for any veteran student.
- Veterans whose GPA falls below 2.0, or who do not after two terms satisfactorily complete at least one-half of all their hours, will be advised that they are on probation
- Students who do not maintain the GPA for two consecutive terms, or who after three terms do not complete at last one-half of their courses, will receive a notice of Unsatisfactory Progress. The appropriate VA Regional Office will also be informed. Once students are placed on Unsatisfactory Progress they must enroll for, and complete, one term before the veterans office will submit their records to the VA for re certification. During the term, students must maintain the same credit-hour level as they did when they were certified and must also earn a minimum 2.0 GPA for the term
Attendance Verification is required for all students receiving Veteran Educational Benefits. The form is available at the Veteran's Office.
- Complete ALL information on the form BEFORE submitting to EACH instructor for signature and comments.
- Once you receive ALL signatures, submit your Attendance Verification form to the Veteran's Office.
- Failure to verify attendance for ALL classes may result in mandatory repayment of funds and/or suspension of eligibility for future VA benefits.