The UCC Scholars program allows high school students, home-school students, and military veterans who meet academic requirements to attend UCC full-time without paying tuition. The scholarship pays full tuition for up to two years. The student is responsible to pay their fees, books and other miscellaneous expenses.
Umpqua Scholars receive a full tuition scholarship for up to two years in any field of study, including any of our Career Technical programs.
High School Students
- Attend High School in Umpqua community College's district
- Earn a cumulative (unweighted) high school GPA of 3.50 or better (as of the first semester grades of final year of high school)
- Place into UCC’s Writing 115 or higher, Math 95 or higher, and Reading 80 or higher OR Have enrolled or completed Writing 115 and Math 95
- Enroll full-time (15-19 credits) at Umpqua Community College the fall term that immediately follows high school graduation
- Reside permanently within Umpqua Community College’s district
- Earn ACT composite score of 23 or SAT score of at least 1000 (combined math and reading)
- Place into UCC’s Writing 115 or higher, Math 95 or higher, and Reading 80 or higher OR Have enrolled or completed Writing 115 and/or Math 95
- Enroll full-time (15-19 credits) at Umpqua Community College the fall term that immediately follows completing secondary education requirements
- Meet the high school student or home school student requirements listed above
- Joined the military within three months of graduating from high school
- Enroll at UCC within six months of military discharge
Application Information will be released shortly.
Once accepted as UCC Scholars, students can keep their scholarship for up to six terms by maintaining a 3.25 GPA and a full-time schedule of classes (15-19 credits), and completing 10 hours of community service each term.
Marjan Coester- Contact
Student Life Director