Small Business Management Program
Take the test:
- Have a desire to succeed as a small business owner?
- Have great ideas to make your business more successful but no time to implement them?
- Want to manage your time and financial resources to achieve a great return on investment?
- Want to learn how social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can be part of your successful marketing strategy?
- Need help with how to manage your business?
- Want to have a forum to discuss business strategies with other successful business owners?
- Is your business running your life??
Make an investment in yourself, to learn how to work on your business, rather than in your business. Learn the skills that will help you balance your work and life.
Small Business Management (SBM) is a nine-month business program that places business in a cohort learning environment where they benefit from peer-to-peer interaction, ongoing business advising and high levels of accountability. The SBM program runs fall, winter, and spring terms with classroom sessions offered once a month in the evenings, as well as one-on-one personalized coaching sessions once a month. The one-on-one coaching is designed to fast-track implementation of key concepts and provides the small business owner with access to a professional business consultant.
Owners will benefit from classroom sessions by learning from seasoned entrepreneurs.
Customized for You:
We customize the information you need to be successful and help you learn in three ways:
- Classroom sessions that are a combination of instructor led learning along with discussion.
- Monthly one-on-one advising sessions with the instructor provide you with a personalized and confidential business consultant whose only goal is to see your business succeed.
- Opportunities to network with other business owners and learn from your peers.
Real World Results:
The program is designed to provide you with more than just theory and knowledge. Through the combination of classes and one-on-one advising you’ll have a chance to create:
- A marketing plan
- Business plans
- Management strategies
- Social media marketing
- Cash flow and income statement budgets
- Staffing and operations plans
- Enhanced financial statements
- Personnel management procedures
- Systems and controls for your business
- How to borrow money
- Other topics tailored to your specific needs
The SBM schedule is evenings, once a month from 6-9 pm.
For more information on the SBM program, contact Robert "Bob" Hillis at 541.440.7824 or
Hi UCC SBDC,
I just wanted to take a moment of your time and thank all of you involved in the SBM class for the continued help in running and growing my business. I firmly believe participation in the class has helped me to build a better business. The monthly classes have been very focused and productive. The monthly on-on-one meetings have been instrumental in helping me develop specific business goals and strategies, and provide the consistency needed to stay on top of them. Please feel free to send anyone interested in a reference regarding your program my way, I’d be glad to discuss the ways the management program has helped me grow my business.
Tim | ph 541-672-3409 | fax 541-229-3409
Tim Allen Equipment
Roseburg, OR 97470
A partnership program with Umpqua Community College, the Oregon Business Development Department (Lottery Funds), and U.S. Small Business Administration (Federal Funds).
“Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.”, “Financed in part with lottery funds awarded by the Oregon Business Development Department,” and primarily funded by Umpqua Community College.
“All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA,” the Oregon Business Development Department, or Umpqua Community College. Material subject to change without notice.
All SBA funded programs offered are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.