After certification by the college and the VA you must:
- Check in, at least once per term, with the Veterans Office.
- Enroll only in courses that are part of the certified program. By taking classes outside of the certified program, students are liable for overpayments from the VA.
- As a student receiving VA Educational Benefits, you MUST complete at least the minimum hours for which you are certified. Overpayments will occur if you are enrolled in but do not complete the credits for which you were certified.
- Turn in an attendance verification form once per term on the specified date. The form is available in the Veteran's Office.
- Maintain satisfactory progress
- NOTIFY the Veterans Office ON the DATE any class is ADDED or DROPPED from your schedule. You may either leave a note for the Veteran's Coordinator or provide a copy of your class schedule.
- Inform the Veterans Office immediately of changes of address, or dependents, as it takes up to six weeks to process the changes.
- If you have changed your major or have prior credits from another college that need to be evaluated, please have this information evaluated by the registrar as soon as possible and submit a copy to the Veterans Office. To avoid delay in payment or possible repayments, DO NOT postpone getting this information.
- Turn in a schedule of classes for the upcoming term. Failure to provide this information to the U.C.C. Veterans Office, will result in a DELAY IN PAYMENT of your benefits.
- IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TERM OF ATTENDANCE or you do not have an educational plan on file, please make an appointment with a counselor as soon as possible so this can be done.